Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Number 9 – Brought A Cake to Our Hair Stylist

I’m still behind in posting about my 31 Things project.  Please be patient with me as I catch up.
I am really, really bad at articulating how I’d like my hair to look.  Hair isn’t really my thing.  I want mine to look nice, but I don’t want to fuss with it much.  My sister would tell you I don’t even brush my hair.  That’s not true, but I don’t spend as much time on it as she seems to think I should.  I also have really straight hair, so a bad (and I’ve had more than a few) cut seems to be really obvious.  It took me a long time to find a hair stylist I really like.
But I finally found Tabitha.  She’s really good at interpreting what I’m trying to say I want my hair to look like.  Anyone else would have probably just shaved my head when I was trying to explain what I wanted for my wedding hairstyle, but not Tabitha.  She turned my gibberish ideas into something that made me feel really pretty.  (She also cut Nick’s hair how I wanted it for our wedding!)   She hasn’t gone up on her (already really good) rates in years, and is just a very sweet person.  She also rescues animals. 
So we decided to take Tabitha a home-made pound cake at our last hair appointment just to wish her happy holidays and to let her know that we appreciate her.  

8 comments:

  1. I bet she loved it! What a great idea. Maybe I'll do something similar when I get my hair cut tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hair stylists definitely deserve a little extra appreciation sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Yum! She sound like a really great person. And definitely nice to have found a great hair stylist. (so jealous of all these desserts going out in the world lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is really sweet! I definitely do my part to feed the world's sugar addiction. :-)

      Delete
  3. I bet she loved it! I know what you mean about finding the right hair stylist; almost worth their weight in gold.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on the hair thing - I just don't want to have to spend long on it. I finally have a pretty good situation with my hairstylist and my last haircut was PERFECT! I texted her to tell her so, and she seemed so surprised to get positive feedback. I love the idea of taking a treat to her! My next appt. is Dec. 23 so I might just do that! ;) Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't see the point in your hair taking up a big part of your day. I guess they have one of those jobs where they mostly just hear about it if people are unhappy, not if people love what they did. I love that you took the time to tell her your haircut was perfect.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.