Friday, May 4, 2012

May Is National Photograph Month


I know I’m four days late in finding this out, but better late than never, right?  May is (according to this website) National Photograph Month.  Since I’m feeling a little bereft now that the A to Z Challenge is over this gave me an idea for a May theme:

I am going to (try) to post a photo daily.  I will do my best to keep them random and interesting.  Since I’m late getting started and finding out, here are four, all relating to other May events, for today:

May is National Hamburger Month:  These are from my birthday cookout.


May is also National Salad Month (maybe to help counteract the hamburgers?)  
Here’s the recipe for this Spicy Summer Salad
 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and chopped
1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
½ medium onion, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1/8 tsp Horseradish
1/3 cup Miracle Whip
½ tsp Paprika
1/8 tsp Ground Red Cayenne Pepper
1/8 tsp pepper
¼ tsp salt
Combine all ingredients, mixing well.  Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. 

May is also Older Americans Month, so here’s a picture of my grandparents from my wedding; they were the last ones standing/dancing for the longest married dance; 58 years at the time.


May is also Foster Care Month, so here’s an updated picture of our foster cat Marta.  You can read more about her here.  I am very happy to say she has gained two ounces since she has been with us!




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Danielle. Maybe I'll actually be inspired to take some pictures this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May is just full of stuff! You have a May birthday too? :) I wish I had known about it being national photograph month. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.