Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Joshilyn Jackson

In perusing the blogs on the A to Z list I have noticed that many people are sharing various movies, books, and music they enjoy. I think that’s a wonderful idea, as it’s always nice to find another band, author, or movie to enjoy. So that’s the topic of my post today.

Joshilyn Jackson is one of my favorite authors. I’ve read all five of her novels (you can check them out on her website), and was very happy to read that she’s hard at work on the next one; unfortunately it won’t be published until 2014, on the bright side that is something to look forward to.

She writes the South very well; she has the right feel and flavor without relying on stereotypes. Her characters are funny and interesting, and the humor in her books is quirky and highly entertaining.

I think my favorite novel is her latest, A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty. I loved it because it was engaging and beautifully written. I loved it just as much because it was better than the previous four. It’s wonderful to find an author who continues to write really, really, really good books; books that leave you looking forward to the next one, even if it is two years away.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please leave your link so I can visit you as well.